Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner

I just finished all my shopping for Thanksgiving dinner! Here's what's on the menu:

Starters
Pumpkin soup, finished with creme fraiche and toasted hazelnuts

Mache greens with sliced persimmons and pomelo segments,
dressed with a pomelo and rice wine vinaigrette


Entree
Herb Roasted free-range chicken with shiitake mushroom gravy
Sticky rice and Chinese sausage stuffing

Sides
Mashed potato and sunchoke puree
Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon lardons
Flaky buttermilk biscuits

Dessert
Pear Tart
Spiced Apple Cider

I had the potato and sunchoke puree and at a catering event I volunteered at a few weeks ago - it was amazing. Sunchokes are freakin' expensive though! At Whole Foods, they were $4.89 a pound. Man. Oh well, for the love of good food right?

I'm also very excited about the sticky rice and Chinese sausage stuffing. Gonna get my Grandma to help me on this once. YUM.

I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving, filled with love, family and friends and of course, food that knocks your socks off and puts you in a food coma :).

1 comment:

  1. omgoodnes sue. i LOVE chinese sticky rice stuffing. let me know how it turns out. i'm sure it's gonna be delicious.

    ReplyDelete