#4 Spicy crab and grits at the Front Porch
This just sounds so interesting to me for some reason. I think deep down, I must be a Southern girl at heart cuz I love the cuisine, especially fried anything. I'm on the hunt for authentic Southern fried chicken (preferably in the South Bay) - any recommendations?
#5 Chasu ramen at Katana-Ya
Most of you prolly know that I am a total ramen addict. I am not convinced that I could love any ramen more than I love Halu, but I'm still game on trying potential contenders.
#12 Porchetta sandwich at RoliRoti
Porchetta - need I say more? Everytime I've been to the Ferry Bldg there are always a gazillion people in line though. This one might take a while to check off the list.
#13 Soup dumplings at Shanghai House
We were in the city today checking out the Allemany Farmers Market (very cool btw, see details a little later in this post) and were gonna go try the XLB at this place afterwards, but after eating delish Malaysian food, a pesto and egg pizza AND Bi-rite ice cream, I was stuffed.
#33 Prime Rib at House of Prime Rib
Everytime someone eats here and describes their meal to me, I'm totally drooling.
#51 Maccaronara with ricotta salata at A16
I have no idea what maccaronara is, but it sounds delish. And I've always wanted to try A16.
#70 Omakase menu at Sebo
I've read some reviews about this on 7x7 and the food sounds incredible. Japanese food done right.
Things I've already tried on the list:
#17 Tea leaf salad at B*
#35 Salted caramel ice cream at Bi-rite Creamery
#36 Deep fried chicken wings at San Tung
As I mentioned above, today we visited the Alemany farmer's market to try Malaysian Lacy crepes YUMMY :).

I met the owner and her friend who are the sweetest people on the planet and they were so excited to meet a fellow Malaysian. Turns out she's an ex-pastry chef who worked at the Raffles hotel in S'pore and is planning on opening a Malaysian restaurant in the city - she even said she would hire me :) he he. I think I would be doing more eating than cooking. Here are some pics of what we ate:
Malaysian Lacy crepe with Mint Chicken Curry

Curry Puff!

Go try out her food! It's really really yummy :).
And oh yes I cannot forget to mention this - anyone wanna be on Check Please Bay Area with me? I'm seriously considering submitting an application. It's due Jan 21st, so don't delay :).
Wow, you should totally apply! I'd be a terrible entrant, but you and Liv are food junkies. Haha.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Chasu ramen at Katana-Ya is pretty darn good. But then again, everything tastes pretty good to me.
Glad you had fun at the farmers market. Sounds like you hit up some of the local Mission shops, too. :)
uh, YEAH. i'd totally do it with you! though i'm a little wary of being taped and talking to strangers but as long as the topic stays on food, i think i can manage. :) but can we apply together or do we have to submit separate apps? cause i would only want to do it if you were there with me...
ReplyDeleteand definitely do house of prime rib, it's SO worth it! let me know when you go, i'll share my meat maximizing strategy with you. hee.
Meat maximizing strategy, Liv? Good grief. :)
ReplyDeletedude. they give seconds! (and rumored thirds!) you have to have a strategy if you're going to truly get your money's worth!
ReplyDeleteaw man!!! I just read y'all's (sp?) comments and the application deadline has passed :(. Oh well! Next time perhaps? that's a good question though - i dunno if we'd be considered as joint applicants - that wouldn't be fun if i was just on by myself :P.
ReplyDeleteI will definitely consult you liv before I go to HofPR - I want in on your meat maximizing strategy :) he he.